1. Log in to Tavu, then from the left navigation select Instances > Security
2. Select the security group that is attached to your Instance (usually default).
3. To create a new rule press the Create rule button.
4. For the direction of the rule, select In or Out depending on which direction you want to allow traffic to. For the Protocol, select the protocol that you want. For example to enable SSH connections: Direction > In and Protocol > TCP
5. From the port menu, select Port or Port range. Selecting port, will allow you to open a single port, while selecting port range allows you to open a range of ports. For example, to enable SSH connection: Port > Port
6. Enter the port number you wish to open. After that, press Create. For example, to enable SSH connection: Port number > 22
7. A new rule has been created. Create more rules if needed.